Submission is now open for the 2018 education fund!
One $5000 will be awarded to promote collegiate level studies to a deserving United States veteran in the Toledo area.
All successful candidates must:
- Be a US Veteran
- Be entering/enrolled or currently attending an accredited college or university in the United States
- Demonstrate leadership and engagement in their community
- Be a current student veteran, as proven by a DD 214 and transcript
- Have received an honorable discharge
Please compose an essay relating to the following statement between 600-1000 words. Include your name and contact information at the top of your essay.
2018 Essay Topic – Two Part Submission
- Statement of Purpose.
- This year’s essay topic is:How does your veteran experience reflect on your commitment to your field of study? (500-800 words)
Include your name and contact information at the top of your essay.
A complete application must include:
- Current copy of your Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Unofficial copy of current university transcript updated for the most recently completed semester or proof of enrollment
- One letter of reference from a professor, adviser or supervisor
- DD 214, Certificate of Discharge
Where to Submit
All submissions should be directed to United States Vets, Inc., Secretary/Treasurer Chris Cremean, 6117 Boothbay Drive, Toledo, OH 43615.
Should you have any questions, or experience any problems, please email Leslie at Lclouden7@gmail.com.
For a printable flyer to share, click here.
For a printable version of the guidelines, click here.
Submission deadline – 1 September 2018.